Thursday, April 22, 2010

All My Hugs All My Kisses

The anniversary of my Aunts death is quickly approaching. I can hardly believe it will soon be four years since we had our final good bye hug and kiss. The sun was streaming brightly through the hospital window as it was rising 6:30 a.m. It was just she and I as I whispered in her ear I would miss her so much and that I loved her and thanked her for being that wonderful Aunt she was to me all my life. I was blessed to have her and that it was ok. I will be ok. You can leave. She always protected me and gave me lots of hugs and kisses and she then took her last breath. It was like a hug and kiss because I know she knew Kevin would be leaving for work in Manhattan and if I did not make the call soon to say she passed away I would be stranded there with no ride home for hours and hours until he got back to me. I know my Aunt!!..That was exactly what she was thinking. Those hugs and kisses were so special and meaningful that I still feel them each and every day. Her body and wonderful smile left but her soul lives within me. She made me the person I am. She was always someone everyone could count on!! She cared for so many people and was always doing nice things for everyone. Her relatives hurt her so much but she found forgiveness in her heart. She found her wings to fly despite the clouds. Her doors were always wide open and welcomed company and she always had that piece of cake waiting to be defrosted in the freezer. She enjoyed long conversations and thought I was the funniest person in the world. She took pictures of things like televisions and kitchen cabinets and houseplants that at the time made us all laugh hysterically but now are wonderful mementos filled with memories. She was light in the darkness and just kept travelling lifes very difficult road. She was one of my very best friends but I realize that isnt true. Im my own best friend thanks to her!!...I love you Aunt Hilda...

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful heart felt tribute to your special Aunt Hilda! Thank you Aunt Hilda for making Donna the special and unique person she is, and my good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have such powerful memories of those people special to us. They are never far away still supporting us as before. I can feel the love in your post ..........

    ReplyDelete