Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Less Is Better

I sit here wondering why we feel we have to own so much stuff. My closets and drawers are jammed with things I hardly use but have to keep just in case. I overwhelm myself sometimes trying to pick out an outfit to wear as there is just so much to choose from. I overspend at the grocery store every week and many times wind up throwing spoiled things away. We buy the new gadget to replace the perfectly good one that we had because we just must keep up with the times. We have basements and attics stuffed with things we know we arent ever going to use. We eat things we are really not hungry for and realize arent good for us because we feel like it. I am making a vow to try so hard to not let my emotions control me. We must separate our wants from our needs and really appeciate and use the things we already have. We have to stop being so wasteful. There will always be a new version of everything!! When the old one breaks go for it. But lets all try to make a vow to use what we have and buy less. Ready, set, go....get into those closets. Im sure they are jammed with interesting things. Take them out and use them and if you really feel you never will either give it to someone who might like it or just put it at the curb on trash day. Someone will pick it up!!.. Just dont make room in order to shop again...thats cheating!!!! I believe in my heart that less ultimately will give us so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment