Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Keeping The Gas Tank From Ever Reaching Empty

My husband is notorious for waiting until the car is almost registering the gas tank is empty before going to the gas station. I get anxiety when he does this. I dont understand this at all, it is not good for the car and it truly stresses me.
It reminded me that it is just as important to keep my gas tank full at all times as well. Dont wait until your thirty to drink, sip all day. Dont wait until your starving to eat, have something every few hours. Dont let your bodies go to empty. We cannot run ourselves down as just like the car engine we will suffer when waiting to be filled.
Ive been hearing that people are living to be 106-107. Some people would say, wow that is wonderful. When your the caregiver you think both wonderful and dread. I say dread respectfully because its hard for me to even imagine sharing my space for 15 or 16 more years. Not to mention that would make me 67-68 myself. I have to be sure to enjoy the journey. I have to be sure to enjoy my ride. I have to be sure to keep my engine running smoothly. Ready set, go, join me!! Start those engines. We dont know how many years we will be on this journey but at least we can try to make it a happy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment