Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Take Good Care Of Yourself

I am a big believer in working out a few days a week and trying to eat sensibly. I try to go to the doctors once a year. I wasnt always this way I must admit. Thankfully our health insurance made it mandatory last year for everyone to go for a physical or the deductibles were going up. My husband said he paid way too much already and was not paying another dime because I was to fearful to go for a physical. Fearful I most definately was. But I faced the fear and went and all was well. That gave me the confidence to go again this year. Of course I panicked when I had my mamogram and my doctor recomended a sonogram also be done for fear of what they would find but went and all was fine. We cannot let the fear stop us from taking care of ourselves. We cannot let the stresses of life and all the demands on us stop us from taking time for us. We must stay healthy in order to be good to anyone else. That is physical health as well as mental and emotional health. We must find time to ourselves in this crazy world we are living in. It isnt easy but I refuse to get sick and neglect myself while taking care of everyone else. I am as important as everyone I am doing things for. Rejoice good health. We put so much effort into fixing the broken things when we do get sick....lets use all that emphasis and keep things healthy and happy so they dont break in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment