Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reactions

I sometimes feel I have to change the way I react to things especially when it comes to my Mother. A few weeks ago she was pouring boiling water into a coffee mug to have tea but her eyesight is so poor and she did not see the water spilling all over the place. I was so concerned that she not burn herself and I said Mom, you need me to do that for you I think but I said it rather harshly. I dont do it to hurt her feelings, it truly is so that she wont get hurt. It is so hard as I dont want to always make her feel like she is being reprimanded. I know at times my reaction causes her more stress. I thought about the word react and once you unscramble the letters you will see four of them create care. The only reason I am reacting the way I am is because I care. I must unscramble my mind like I did the word and realize kind actions and not excited words would serve me better....I will learn to lower my voice and speak calmer when these mishaps happen....wish me luck!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. When you manage it Donna let me know how you did it. I very often talk to my husband as if he is a child because he scares me with some of the things he does. I too raise my voice so that he will stop what he is doing right away if it appears he will harm himself. He then looks at me as if I am a wicked witch.
    Yes because we care..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness none of my reactions have been recorded.....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck but it is hard. I was so loud and mean sometimes to mom and than worried about it all night. Than I would have to make myself give her loveing the next day to make me feel better. She does nothing herself anymore so I have no need to yell at her but I still think how mean I was to her and just cry. Good luck. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete